Sunday, March 1, 2015

Eye - Opener about Istanbul

I. Stereotypes, myths:
- Stereotypes:
           -  Black Hair and dark skin


           - Wearing a headscarfs is mandatory for women


            - Traditional Clothing

           - People are extremely hospitable.
           - Men are dominant, women are submissive and stay at home.

MYTHS:

- Turkish people are uneducated: it is wrong. School education is compulsory for 6 - 18 year old. There are over 100 universities in Turkey, some of which are very good, well respected and internationally known.

-  The water is dirty: It is wrong. In most areas the water is perfectly safe to dink, especially those where the water is freshly soured from melting snow on the mountains, springs, etc. There are some cities where old pluming pipes affects the safety of the water, but on whole the water is clean, however it may upset people if they are not used to it, as it has a higher mineral content and particularly high chlorine levels.

- The country is unsafe.



II. Discussion: 
- From the assignment I have gained a number of information about Turkey in general and Istanbul in specific:
     + the general information about Istanbul, Turkey: the location, population, primary industry, and so forth.
     + Know more famous places.
     + How my major develop in Istanbul
     + How Istanbul people live and interact to each other.
     + This is the best way for me traveling a new city, Istanbul, through out the Internet.

- After the assignment I also have some experience for researching a project in the future. the project was followed step by step from the general information to the specific one. After that, it also brings me to open my eyes thinking about some theories which are related to that city. it facilitates the way I do the research and would not out of the topic. if I have to research any city in the future, I will know what information I need to look for.


No comments:

Post a Comment